Sourdough Monkey Bread is a wonderful treat for the whole family. Easy to make and keep. This is so good, the chance of there anything being left before the end of the day are very minimal.
Sourdough Monkey Bread
- 2 loaves' worth of sourdough Use your favorite sourdough recipe
- 6 Tablespoon melted butter plus enough to grease the bundt pan
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar or ¾coconut palm sugar in place of the white and brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- Melt butter and place in a small bowl.
- Combine sugars, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl.
- With enough sourdough for two loaves of bread, form about 32 small balls of dough.
- Working one by one, dip each dough ball in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Layer the coated dough balls in a well-buttered bundt pan, until the pan is filled about half way.
- Allow the dough to rise 2-3 hours or until doubled in size and filling the pan. (Alternately, allow the dough to rise for 30 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, allow the dough to come to room temperature, about 2 hours.)
- Bake at 350 F for 30-35 minutes.
- Turn out of pan onto a platter and serve.
- Best when served fresh from the oven.